Friday, September 27, 2013

Loaded Chocolate Pretzel Cookies




Okay, sometimes you can come across an idea that you wonder, why didn’t I think of that before? This cookie is ingenious and absolutely delicious. For one of my Tailgate Buffets, I decided to make some cookies. These cookies are a variation of cookies in Taste of Home




 Cream together butter, shortening and sugars. Add room temperature eggs one at a time and vanilla.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture.

Stir in 1 ½ c. of M&M’s and 2 cups of broken pretzels. The pretzels will hold up in the cookie dough, trust me.

Using an ice cream scoop, place cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool, if you can.



The salty and sweet combination of these cookies are amazing. I used pretzel sticks.

Loaded Chocolate Pretzel Cookies

  • ½ c. butter, softened
  • ½ c. Crisco Shortening
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups miniature pretzels, broken
  • 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M's® Brand Chocolate Candies

1 comment:

  1. Okay I thought I was seeing things... but nope... These cookies have pretzels in them! A must try for sure!
    I hope you have a great weekend,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia