Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Weekly Tailgating Strategy



Every Saturday, after gardening all afternoon, I set up a tailgate buffet for friends and family to drop by and watch the game. Mainly, to visit and spend some quality time with each other. We all work so hard it is important to take time out of the week and socialize, eat and cheer on our favorite team. There are no requirements to attend, you can just drop by, everyone is welcome.



My tailgating strategy is simple... three or four comforting dishes, with a veggie and something sweet to end the buffet. I start the Thursday before game day purchasing and arranging the flowers. Friday, I set up all the serving pieces and dinnerware. Menus have been set long before the season started. I know some people think I am crazy but I want to make sure that everyone's favorites are included and we have plenty of variety. Most of the cooking is done the day before or early Saturday morning. Trust me, the last thing I want to do after being in the garden all day is to prepare food. Most dishes are taken out of the fridge and put into the oven right before game time.

  
All I have to do is come in from the garden, take a shower, put on some comfortable clothes and finish up the last bits of things to do for the tail gate. Lastly, we nosh all day so I am completely done with any cooking or chores. My family loves the variety and ease of the buffet. No pressure to arrive at a certain time. Come as you are!!!


The best part about the tailgating buffet every Saturday is that this would be very easy to transport. If we want to go to a game, load all my dishes and food in the car... we can travel. 

This Week's Menu

Cheese Steak Calzone
Macaroni Cupcakes
Veggies and Ranch
Sante Fe Chicken Dip and Chips
Meyer Lemon Bars
 
Come by any Saturday... Everyone is Welcome 



 



1 comment:

  1. ohhhh you are the neighbor/friend I have been dreaming of!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia