Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The New Baby Nursery


The other big project we completed this summer was Gavin's nursery. Everyone asked my daughter what is the theme? Well the nursery grew out organically from the choices we made... but if we were to say there is a theme, it is old school nursery rhymes. 






In their current room, they have a 10 by 10 bedroom that would be perfect for a nursery. However, as small as it is, the furniture choices would have to be carefully chosen.  
      

  - Wallpaper and paint totally transformed this little room. My daughter decided to make a nursery that would be unisex, even though she knew that this baby was a boy.


We painted the ceiling a softer color on the swatch, it is hard to tell in these pictures.



          - We installed a chair rail and crown molding to bring some architectural detail to the blank canvas

 


          - My daughter ordered the letters and painted them. I think this is one of my favorite parts of the nursery. Big, wooden letters that set the tone for the room.

 

          - We found the  armoire on Craigslist and transformed it Annie Sloan chalk paint, French Linen with dark wax to highlight the beautiful details in the wood. 
 


          - A fantastic crib, another wonderful find, that was painted with Rustoleum Hammered Bronze spray paint. 

       
   - This Pottery Barn rocker, another great find, that was reupholstered. 


 


        
  - This little bassinet that I made a new fabric cover for... I also embroidered a matching pillow.

 


 

 We found this small table.... perfect for a side table and holds all the books any baby will need.


          - My son in law built a ladder to drape the handmade blankets, some nursery rhymes and Humpty Dumpty, a stuffed toy from my daughter's nursery. 


          - We found this cute hanger at Black Dog Salvage and I wanted to have something special to hang any cute outfit I make for the baby. 



 I hope you enjoyed the nursery. We had so much fun putting it together and I love the choices she made. 
  

Crib $25
Armoire $125
Chair $150
Table $85
Wood Letters $100
Wood Ladder $20
Paint $85
Wallpaper $325
Chair Rail and Crown Molding $75
Bassinet $40
Fabric $425

Total Price   $1455

A beautiful place to bring a baby into.... priceless.
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Cynthia, the baby's room is just simply beautiful. I love all the choice that were made. What a wonderful room for such special little boy. Enjoy your grandson.
    Warm wishes
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling
    darling
    darling

    love this.
    you guys did well!
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! You ladies have such impeccable taste. I love that this was done on a budget and manageable for other expecting moms. Shows what you can do with a little imagination! I see a little Jane Austen Victorian style mixed with a little Kate Spade in there. ;) Miss you ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was right. I knew it would be a spectacular one of a kind masterpiece and I was not disappointed. Stunning and perfectly suited not only for Gavin but the future little ones sure to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia