Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Softer Fall




Although the calender says it is fall, I am not ready to give up some of the softness of the rest of the year. Fall brings all the rich earth tones and while I love the change of seasons, sometimes I need a moment to enjoy the softness of the day.

Our family brunch is always a special time of the week and a new baby makes it even more special. So to celebrate our new addition and the fall, I decided to set a table that brings both the newness of life with the tradition of fall. 


 
Start with my favorite tablecloth that matches my kitchen. 


 


Add the white Ikea charges and my main dishes with teal accent plates. 



My everyday Mikasa French Countryside plates.




Soft teal bowls topped with white leaf bowls. I love the bowls for fruit salad.





Small white acorn place cards with the family names on them.

 


This cute ceramic basket filled with soft white hydrageneas. Where do they get hydrageneas in October? I have no idea but God bless them.
  




White flatware continues the softness of the table. 




My Mikasa glasses are so pretty. 



Blue napkins with white duck napkin rings finish this soft fall table.




And the cutest teal pitcher for orange juice, you can imagine. 


 


and matching mugs. 






12 comments:

  1. So pretty! I happen to LOVE the rich earth tones of Fall but you've shown me a "softer" side that is quickly growing on me! Love the white and blue (is the new addition to your family, a baby BOY?). Those white leaf bowls are fabulous! How terrific that you have a weekly family brunch! Eating at a table like this would make it even more special!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite blue - so soft. Your table would look lovely at Christmas too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love that shade of blue.
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this table and this color scheme...gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I've been searching for white leaf plates just like yours! Hope everyone enjoyed the brunch and the fellowship! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a serene and calming table....love the softness and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty and romantic table - Cute leaf bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft colors! Very pretty.....I would love to sit at your table!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful table!! I LOVE your ceramic basket and leaf bowls; actually I love it all!! Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely soft colors, the aqua/teal combined with the white whispers serenity. Very pretty... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. If highlighted this post tonight on centerpiece Wednesday...I just love the blue and white for fall...sooo pretty!
    Karin
    Www.thestylesisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia