Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Goals, Pressure Washing and Menu Week Ending October 20th




Twice a year, I have to pressure wash our home. Well, I do most of it but can't climb the ladders for the high stuff. A good stiff brush to get off the cobwebs and a blast of water do the trick. I also try to wash the windows every spring and fall but don't get to every one, sadly. I wish I could find a good 15 year old that needed money to do the stuff I can't get to, but alas, my neighborhood is not filled with money hungry teens.

This week, Halloween is taking over my sewing room... Halloween outfits for the grandchildren and finishing up Halloween costumes for the family and dogs. We are also baking treats for the college students in my class, treats for some of my elderly friends and cupcakes for the family on Halloween night.

The garden beds are started but they are a little tricky as we are building them 36 inches tall. I received a shipment of perennials for some of the flower beds. I love planting new flowers. It is one of my favorite things to do in the garden.

Lastly, My daughter is getting ready to go back to work but before she does, we are having a PJ day. A day in bed with magazines, movies and a baby. Mud face masks will be involved so don't try to surprise us. We are hoping to make it this Friday... a day devoted to rest, relaxation and re-charging.  What are your plans for this week?
 

Tuesday



Spring Risotto
Garden Salad


Wednesday




Meat Loaf Sandwiches
Stick Fries


Thursday

Photo Source

Out to dinner with family


Friday

 


Grilled Salmon
Herb Roasted Potatoes
Sauteed Green Beans


Saturday Tailgate Table

 



 
Chicken Pot Pie
Crudities
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Ice Cream Pie

Sunday Brunch

 


Omelet Bar 
with cheese, bacon, sausage, peppers, onions 
and all the fixing for omelets

Roasted Potatoes
Homemade Buttermilk Doughnuts
Cut up Fruit

1 comment:

  1. It sound like a perfect mother daughter day to me and much deserved. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia