Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Fresh Thanksgiving Brunch



I love the fall but I’m not a huge fan of the heavy colors of fall for three solid months, as you can tell by another fall table I put together. 


Since the family gathers for Sunday brunch after church every Sunday, I could not serve them ever week the same colors. I love brunch to feel happy, fresh and sunny. So this table is all about the beautiful sunny feeling. Mustard yellows and white with a sprinkling of yellow. 




This table started with these turkey plates I bought from Pottery Barn last year at a super cheap price. I love the look of them and knew they would be perfect for brunch. 



A square mustard yellow plate under the turkey plate.






Snapdragons are a fall flower for us in Tennessee, so how perfect are they for this table. I love snapdragons but cannot grow them until October. 





Next, I paired yellow print napkins with the mustard yellow to anchor this light and airy table. 






This flatware always gives the table a nice texture.

 


My great grandmother’s table cloth that she hem-stitched by hand and monogrammed. Made out of delicate linen, I don’t like to starch it too much. But I love the history and tradition of this white tablecloth. 







I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, Cuisine Kathleen and the Style Sisters.

 
Tablecloth: My great grandmother's linen handsewn tablecloth
Linens: Pottery Barn Napkins
Chargers: Ikea
Plates: White Plates -
Yellow Plates – Pier One
Accent Plates: Turkey Plates -Pottery Barn
Flatware: Silver Tear
Table Centerpiece: Yellow Snap dragons and Aster


7 comments:

  1. A very pretty brunch table! It is very sunny, bright, and crisp. I love it! It is wonderful that you all get together for brunch every week.
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow to compliment your beautiful white turkey plates is perfect for brunch! Very pretty indeed!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the yellow with it!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those big square yellow plates, they do look warm and inviting and those turkey plates are cute-good for you for picking them up on sale! Your brunch table looks beautiful enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your colors! I so agree with you about the heaviness of Fall colors. I'm more of a Spring and Summer kinda gal! It's a challenge to come up with a light bouquet at this time of year. I like hypericum berries, but then, what flowers to go with them? It's chancy finding nice flowers, unless you are happy with carnations or mums. Of course, there's roses, but sometimes they can be a bit too formal. The beauty of this table is that it works in November, and it would equally work in April. I would love to sit at this table and have brunch with you! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful table! It looks so fresh and inviting! You certainly are an accomplished woman!
    RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia