Monday, November 11, 2013

Goals and Menu Week Ending November 17th




Thanksgiving is a little over two weeks away. I am polishing silver and cleaning up the guest rooms in anticipation of friends and family arriving. This week, I have started to prepare some side dishes and pies to freeze for the Thanksgiving feast. We usually have guests from Wednesday to Saturday so I prepare more than turkey. 

My favorite Pilgrim from last year!!!



I am also finishing up my planning for our Christmas parties, menus and the family Christmas card. The Christmas Eve Open House invite is designed and at the printers. Do we still print cards? 


My classes are knee deep in homework, exams, projects and a general fatigue from the students that the semester is not over. At this point, students are ready for the holidays and a break in the fall semester. They are as excited for home cooked meals and Christmas as little children. You cannot imagine how much they long for home cooking. 


Lastly, holiday baking has begun. This week I am freezing two different types of cookie dough and banana bread. So needless to say, this menu reflects the busy week:


This Week's Menu:


Monday



 
Mini Chicken Pot Pie


Tuesday

 


Baked Spinach Gruyere
Cesar Salad
French bread with Honey Butter


Wednesday

 
 

Club Sandwiches
Sweet Potato Fries


Thursday

Out with family


Friday



Mustard Roast Beef
Hasselback Potatoes
Sauteed Green Beans


Saturday




 

Meatball Sliders
Corn Dogs
Potato Skins
Cheesy Bean Dip and Chips
Crudities


Sunday Brunch

 



Breakfast Burritos
Tatertot Casserole
Blueberry Muffins



 

1 comment:

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia