Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Thanksgiving Table




One of the reasons I love Thanksgiving, other than the dinner, is the traditions.  My menu does not change, my stuffing does not change and we always eat at 3 P.M. Okay, maybe I am a little OCD but hey I love tradition.




These Spode dishes are Thanksgiving to me and I have tried but cannot use them for any other occasion. So they always find their way on this table. 




Let’s start with my Burlap tablecloth.  I washed and ironed… 6 yards of Burlap. I washed the burlap three times to soften it and then I removed about one inch of weave to make it fringed.

 

 
Next, I have these pewter chargers from Pottery Barn.




My Woodland Spode dishes…I love this time of year and can’t wait to fill these plates with all the delicious food I am cooking and friends and family are bringing. 




A sweet gingham checked napkin resting between the plates to make the table a little less formal.

Brown flatware with bone handled knives. 




I love this duck knife rest. Susan had them several years ago and I finally found them. How cute. 



A centerpiece with my cotton balls, I love cotton in the pod. It reminds me of travelling to my in-laws in Mississippi and passing fields of cotton in the fall. Brown hydrangeas complete the centerpiece.

Pottery Barn faux bois candles continue the earthy theme of the table.




Overall, the table looks like Thanksgiving, simple and elegant. 


Tablecloth: Burlap, I made
Linens: Pier One
Chargers: Pottery Barn
Plates: Spode Woodland
Accent Plates: Spode Woodland
Flatware: Cambridge, Tuesday Morning
Table Centerpiece: Brown Hydrangeas and Cotton Balls

6 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you stick to tradition! It gives us comfort! As my family has grown, tradition has been thrown out the window. Some day I hope to return to them. Your china is beautiful! I didn't know you could safely wash burlap. Why did I think that???? It's fabric! Thanks for sharing your lovely story and dining table. I enjoyed my visit!
    His blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic Thanksgiving table! The dishes, of course, set the tone, but I love the addition of the checked napkins and cotton bolls. Such an inviting table and perfect for your traditional celebration. May you have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your rustic table...the china is beautiful.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, sweet Cynthia! First, hats off to you for having the patience to wash AND iron all that burlap! I would have been a blithering idiot of a mess after all that!!! Geez...you really are willing to put forth the effort! Your china is beautiful, and it's wonderful that it is a part of the Thanksgiving tradition you hold dear. I have a couple of patterns like that...they just seem to fit Thanksgiving exclusively regardless of what anyone else tries to tell me! Just think how some day this will be fondly and nostalgically looked upon by grandchildren and great-grandchildren and beyond as "Grandma's Thanksgiving china."

    Seriously...what is it with the 3 p.m. thing for Thanksgiving dinner??!?!?! My Mom has done that for YEARS!!! Even though Ramon & I have had the Thanksgiving dinner at our house for about 10+ years, we still do it at that time to accommodate her. Ramon is always hungry again around traditional dinner time, and he always wants something different than leftovers. So guess who has TWO meals to prepare for Thanksgiving Day? :-( Mom's doing it at her house this year since I'm still not physically able to cook & clean for 30+, so he'd better get ready for either leftovers or a peanut butter sandwich! :-) :-) :-)

    Gorgeous table, and I love the thought and time put into it. Have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous Thanksgiving filled with lots of great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am using burlap on my Thanksgiving table. Somehow it seems just right for the occasion. You've used yours for a lovely table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! So pretty! I love your setting. It is so classically elegant. I didn't know you could wash burlap either. Nice to know since I have a runner recently purchased and embroidered from where I work. Your Spode is gorgeous and perfect for this time of year. I am most intrigued by your lovely knife rests. I guess I've missed that small detail previously on other settings because this is the first time I've evr seen them. How cool are those, and yours are just adorable. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia