Monday, December 30, 2013

Highlights of 2013




This year, we had a new addition to the family, Gavin Duke… a joy and a blessing. He arrived on 9.10 with all the crying of a new born!! It has been a wonder to see my daughter and son-in-law become great parents and find the joy in their child like I had found the joy in my daughter.





He is a beautiful baby.

And his mother loves to dress him up!! As I loved dressing my children.

In anticipation of little Gavin, we designed and decorated his nursery. Filled with great finds from all sorts of fun places; yard sales, Craigslist, virtual garage sales and antique stores. His nursery is a wonderful soft room that invites his momma to sit and stay up with him at night. Thankfully, he is sleeping through the night but his room does let the parents play and read stories to little Gavin. 





Decorated for Christmas




Lastly, the biggest project we completed this year, the new kitchen. Removing the load bearing wall between the study and the kitchen opened up the kitchen.  We ran gas to the stove, refinished the wood floors, added new flooring to match the existing, moved the sink, installed wood countertops and added my favorite item, a glass door refrigerator.



This kitchen is a joy to cook in, the holidays have never been so stress free as they were this year. I am looking forward to many years in this kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia