Monday, December 16, 2013

Week Ending December 22, 2013




I apologize for my absence. In the last three weeks, we have moved my office, my hubby has moved home, the semester ended and we are remodeling my former office. Everyone is busy but I have really missed you!!
This week I am baking. Nothing says the holidays like a home filled with the smells of home baked Christmas treats. We are packing these treats for friends, families and several older people from our church. Treats like cookies, baked breads, homemade marshmallows, party mixes and candies are all on my list. 

 My daughter and I, next weekend, are going to attempt homemade croissants. It should take several hours but if it turns out, what a treat!!! I will let you know how it goes. 

The Christmas shopping is all done except for stocking stuffers and the gift wrapping station is stocked and ready. Every evening, I am knocking out presents, several at a time. 

This week’s menu is all about the busy holiday season. Comfort foods that are easy and delicious.

Monday



Chili
Garden Salad
Cornbread

Tuesday





Stuffed Pork Chops
Fresh Cranberry Sauce
Roasted Carrots

Wednesday



Chicken Tortilla Soup
Pimento Cheese Quesadillas
Refried Black Beans


Thursday

Out with family


Friday



Spring Risotto
Buttermilk Biscuits


Saturday



Italian Meatball Subs
Homemade Potato Chips
Crudities


Sunday Brunch



Blueberry Scones
BLT with Over Medium Eggs
Southwest Hashbrowns

2 comments:

  1. Let us know how the croissants turned out! I have always wanted to try them.

    Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? I found that they have frozen croissant dough which you proof for several hours, then bake. It is the next best thing to homemade!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia