Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Super Bowl Party



 It’s that time of year again!! Super Bowl Party time. I love the Super Bowl. Not for the football, no, no, no… I love it because January is sort of depressing and the Super Bowl gives me an opportunity to cook comfort food, watch TV and spend time with family.





This year, I made this Super Bowl  runner. Fun and gives a back drop to my island kitchen counter top. Notice… no markers under the 40 yard line… snow prevents me from purchasing the last little bits of white felt I need… I will get it done before Sunday.



Football bowls for chili




This football topper on the white tureen, soon filled with delicious chili… so cute.




I love this football vase… so pretty even though it is a manly past time, we can still have flowers. 



I broke my football platter but use this field platter all football season for heros, appetizers, veggies, etc.





I buy anything football that I can find... Salt and pepper shakers are going to be thrown around by the boys, I am sure. 




 A cake plate for the PB and J bars




Super Bowl Menu

Texas Chili
Double Decker sliders…. Sliders with small cocktail weinies on top
Queso Fumido and Chips
Loaded Potato Skins
Fried Ravioli and Marinara Sauce
Crudities

Peanut Butter Bars 

Come join us!! We have plenty of food and room for friends!!!




5 comments:

  1. Wonderful table...that runner is a great idea. Go Dawgs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your table!! Your runner is great!! Where did you find the Football bowls, S&P and vase? I NEED these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a Superbowl tablescape too, but not nearly as authentic as yours! you have all the right trimmings! I agree with you, flowers are a must, no matter what the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loaded potato skins!!! It's been ages since I've had any. Sounds SO good!!!

    You put together one whale of a party, lady! You created a real one-of-a-kind table runner, too!

    Super Bowl has just taken on a whole new life with women involved in the overall celebration. I'm a big football fan anyway, but to have football AND decorating for the big game under my purview is FAN-tastic!!!!!

    Enjoyyourself this weekend with all the great decorations and wonderful party food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such an awesome party!!! Love the detail.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia