One of the most important things I try to do in the winter is to infuse as much flavor into my cooking and baking. Food in the summer is easy. Everything is in season and fresh but the winter offers a great challenge.
This dessert offers everything we love in the winter, comfort food combined with blueberries and lemons.
Two things make sure your pan is well greased and allow the cake to cool thoroughly before glazing.
This cake is not only delicious but so pretty
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
· 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
· 1/4 cup lemon juice
· Start creaming butter, cream cheese and sugar.
· Add eggs and one egg white one at a time. Next add lemon peel and vanilla.
· In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
· Very gently alternate lemon yogurt and dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. I folded it in very gently. Add flour to the blueberries and gently fold them into the cake batter.
· Pour into a well greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
· After the cake is thoroughly cooled and pour glaze onto the pound cake.