Thursday, January 09, 2014

Paperwhite and Blue



January is a bittersweet month. As everyone, I love the holidays and feel slightly depressed when I put up the tree, decorations and all the extras that go with the holidays. Throw out the Christmas fudge, etc. It is sad but then the New Year comes and along with it January. While I am a little depressed, I do appreciate the bright clear air of January. Every surface in my house is covered with dust, dirt and fingerprints. Dirt that I never saw in December stands out like a sore thumb in January. 
 
So for this Family Sunday Brunch, I set out the freshest table I could think of... happy, sunny and bright. This table was an attempt to get the family to look to the winter with a grateful heart...




So January has always been the best month to clean, organize, purge and seems like a “fresh start”. 

Winter is a time to reconnect, the earth goes to sleep, Mom gets to spend time in the house, rather than the yard, long winter nights to play family games, gather by the fire and catch up on books we have been putting off.







This table is a fresh start to the new year!!! Blue and White… fresh, clean and the beautiful aroma of the paperwhites feels like the promise of Spring. 




Start with the beautiful tatersall tablecloth. I added placemats, not my favorite at this time of year but I do not have Navy Blue chargers. The placemats add the right punch of color. 




The Ralph Lauren china looks beautiful on the table. Bright and clean, so fresh. 
 
 


I love these bulb vases but my little paperwhites strained and stretched to get closer to the winter sunlight… They were so much taller than I anticipated. They almost fall over…


 


Of course, we need tea, during this cold weather. Vintage tea cups ready...
  I pulled out all the stops to warm the family's tummies. Ham is the easiest, fancy dish to make. Put it in early in the morning and it is ready after church.

Sunday Brunch

Apricot Mustard Glazed Ham'
Buttered Biscuits
Boursin Scrambled Eggs
Hash Browns
Assorted Fruits

Assorted Juices and English Breakfast Tea





The blue napkins are a beautiful backdrop to the snowflakes napkin rings… a reminder that it is indeed winter. 






 I love this flatware, it feels so masculine. 



  

 I hope you enjoyed this peek at spring... and my fresh table. 

 

Tablecloth: William Sonoma
Placemats: Bed, Bath and Beyond
Napkins: Amazon
Napkin Rings: Yard Sales
Plates: Ralph Lauren Mandarin
Accent Plates: Ralph Lauren Mandarin
Flatware: Ralph Lauren Beacon
Wine Glasses: Mikasa French Country
Accent Pieces: Candlesticks, yard sales
Teapot and tea cups: Yardsale

I am joining these lovely ladies and you have to see their beautiful tables.  Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, Cuisine Kathleen and the Style Sisters.

8 comments:

  1. I love paper whites AFTER Christmas, they do remind me of Spring! Your table is lovely!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely perfect! Red, green, whatever gets a little tired and then it's January and blue and white seems to perk everything back up again. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do love the blue and white a lot!! My paperwhites bloomed early and were spent right after Christmas, but they had bloomed for almost 4 weeks.. cannot complain. Your table is gorgeous.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your table and love the paperwhites. I've got mine started but they're not blooming yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking tablescape. Blue and white always looks so pretty on a table and those dishes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with blue and white! The dishes and flatware are great! I'm not a winter person at all, so I'm already looking forward to spring, but I do like the "emptiness" of the house right after Christmas. It lets me rest after the business of December.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tablescape; the blue and white is so fresh after all the red and green craziness. I'm probably doing a blue 'scape next week myself! I wish I could get my paperwhites to stand up -- they always fall over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your table. I celebrated blue and white dishes in my tablescape this week as well! Your Lauren plates are fabulous, and your snowflake napkin rings complement the theme so well. Well Done!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia