Wednesday, February 19, 2014

An Iris and Green Table



I know that I said not to rush spring and enjoy summer at the beginning of the month, but four snow days, two different snow storms and bitter cold temperature made me long for spring too. I give!!! 




You know the family comes for brunch every Sunday and I promise.. no more winter tables. Spring has sprung in my house and the hopefully, I can come up with enough spring tables... since it is only the end of February. 

So when I saw these irises at the store, I knew that I needed to set a green and purple table… a little Mardi Gras colors but much prettier. 

 Start with the new Pier One chargers




These adorable purple polka dot plates, a super bargain at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Apparently a bride returned them, no one wanted them and they sat on the clearance rack. I had a 20 percent off total purchase so they ended up at $4 a plate. 




Green textured plates from Pier One and then these Kate Spade wickford plates and the edges of them add so much texture. I learned about stacking plates from Stonegable. She is a genius at tablescapes. 





I added a green napkin and a simple wicker napkin ring. 




I was going to make a centerpiece with these flowers but I decided to let them stand in the vase and add some natural elements around it. 


 


A nest, or a small bird bath, bring in spring. 




 Green bubble glasses. 





And flatware. 



I love this tablecloth that adds so much depth to the table. 




And a cute teapot.... Tea anyone?




I am joining these ladies and looking at all their tables. Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, Cuisine Kathleen and the Style Sisters.

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous table! Those iris are stunning, and I really like the natural elements you added. Lucky you, to happen upon those purple polka dot plates on clearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a beautiful setting and those pieces are just
    awesome! Purple Iris is my dating flower. Great post! I'm new to your blog and glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty!! You have coordinated textures and colors so well and I love the variety of dishes on your dish stack. Your accent pieces work so well and the iris centerpiece is awesome. Well done! I hadn't planned on doing a Mardi Gras tablescape, but thanks to your inspiration, I just might try one! Thank you for sharing! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia