Thursday, February 13, 2014

Family Valentine Dinner




It’s that time of year and I have a fabulous meal planned for the children and grandchildren. They may have their own plans on Valentine’s night so I may hold this over until Saturday. But one night belongs to Mom.
 


I could not decide between pink or red for the holiday so I chose both. Start with my new Pier One chargers, finally on sale. Red frilly plates and my little Valentine plates with red flatware.

.


Mikasa French Country glasses for water or wine.




I added a little cupcake cup filled with sweets.




Red and Pink roses in this beat up silver ice bucket, I bought at a yard sale and was planning on painting but I still like the patina of the bucket as it is.




A tiny Potter Barn cake plate for a pretty dessert. 



We have had terribly cloudy weather and I have been trying to increase my light exposure on my camera so my pictures are a little wonky…. Is that a camera adjective?


So here is the menu:

Steak au Poivre
Twice Baked Potatoes
Cesar Salad

Valentine over the Moon Pies… (recipe coming tomorrow)

2 comments:

  1. What a pleasant and lovely tablescape. Your small cups filled with kisses, brings back memories of younger years. If you get a chance come visit my site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family will feel very special at your gorgeous table. I love all your little touches. Your menu sounds delicious, too. I totally in love with the edge on your bottom plate. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's celebration - whatever day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia