Monday, February 10, 2014

My Weekly To Do list and Menu ending February 16th



During the winter months, I spend many weekends deep cleaning the house and purging unwanted items. I spent the weekend scrubbing tubs, sinks and yucky toilets, sad to say. But they are all gleaming clean. I also rearranged some furniture, pictures and just basically moved things to where they may look better. I haven’t decided if that is where they are going to stay but I put things in new places for now. 

Baseboards are my next mission. With three large dogs in the house, my baseboards get dirty fast and I vacuum every other day, sometimes every day… how do they get so dirty? 

My bedroom project is on hold. It is just too cold and I am too busy with school, grand children, children and my business to get it finished in a reasonable amount of time and I don’t want it hanging there for months. So I am going to try to start it when spring break comes… mid-March.  We will see. 

The fun thing for this week, don’t we always need something fun to do with all the work we have? I am going antique and fabric shopping this week. The antique shopping is for fun, the fabric shopping is for the bedroom curtains. Possibly living room curtains too. We will see but at least I won’t be working all week. 

This week’s menu is about flavor… I am a little heart sick for summer grilling so I wanted to make things that pack a punch.
What’s on your menu?

Monday



Chicken Quesadillas
Refried Black Beans topped with pepper Jack Cheese
Guacamole with Chips

Tuesday



Grilled Skirt Steak Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
 Curly Fries

Wednesday




Spaghetti Bolognaise
Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Garlic Breadsticks


Thursday

Out with family


Friday



Steak au Poivre
Twice Baked Potatoes
Cesar Salad

Valentine Moon Pies


Saturday


Dinner out with Hubby


Sunday Brunch


 


Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
Spanish Frittata
Oven Roasted Potatoes



1 comment:

  1. You are going to have fun doing your bedroom. I did mine in the fall and I just let it stretch over a few weeks while I experimented and worked on ideas. It turned out to be one of the best rooms I have ever decorated and I think it's because I didn't rush myself.

    Your menu sounds wonderful and I wish I were going shopping this week, too. We'll see!! ;-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia