Friday, February 07, 2014

Shortbread Cookies



These cookies are one of my all time favorite cookies. A delicious treat that I made for my Hot Chocolate bar for the kids and grand kids. They roll out beautifully and cut out very easily. I like to whip them up for any special occasion.




With only five ingredients, they are a great first cookie to make for kids. Cream the butter and sugar and then add the rest of the ingredients.

I roll them out to ¼ inch thick and cut with a cookie cutter. Sprinkle the tops with a little sugar for an extra crunch.


Bake at 350 degrees until slightly brown about 15 minutes depending on the size of the cookie you cut. I cut these with a fluted 3 inch biscuit cutter.




A traditional sweet cookie that is always a family favorite. They can be dipped in chocolate, or covered with sprinkles.

 

Shortbread Cookies

Ingredients

3/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

2 comments:

  1. Short Bread Cookies are the best! I used to make them for my husband's grandmother for the Holidays. A heart shaped cookie cutter would create a fabulous sweet treat for Valentine's Day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't get much better than that! Butter and sugar...mmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia