Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Pansy Garden Table.




Next week, we are building new garden beds and I wanted to get the boys on board. So I tried to make a brunch to inspire them to help their momma… okay, I doubt this will do it but it is so pretty!


 
Start with these little galvanized buckets filled with pansies. Did you know that pansies are a Southern winter flower? We plant them in the fall. 

 

These are Johnny Jump-ups. In Pennsylvania, we call them violas. Can you get a picture of their face... no they turn their heads down. I have to get down to their level. 

 


I started with these Pottery Barn chargers filled with the Ikea chargers. Coupled with these daisy Pier One plates and cabbage plate… so pretty.


I love this green tablecloth, it sets such a pretty background.

Pansies and a cute garden ornament for a big hint boys!!!!

 

Wallace Bee flatware.


And the cutest dang napkin rings ever…..

I found them on ebay and they are distressed clay pots with the bottoms cut out. 


Genius!! I have thought of at least five tables that I would use them on.

 
Bee cups I found at Home Goods two weeks ago, for orange juice. 

 

My box of garden items… cabbage, a nest, potted flowers and eggs…


I love these wire candle holders, rustic and natural.


Lastly, a cabbage cake plate for the Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
 

All in all, I think if I couple this cute table with food… those boys might be persuaded to help their loving mother with her garden.


Menu:

Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
Sausage Egg Burritos
Hashbrowns
Assorted Fruits
Orange Juice, Sweet Tea and coffee

I  am joining these ladies and looking at all their tables. Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, Cuisine Kathleen and the Style Sisters.

5 comments:

  1. Something tells me that little conspiracy your have going on there will work!! :)

    Your table is beautiful. I do plant pansies every October and they last until April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table makes my heart sing. I like the galvanized buckets planted with pansies and the centerpiece is perfect. You've managed to be very creative and comfortable at the same time. That's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this table! The pansies are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh!! I love this table!! It could be because I have such spring fever it's not funny! Or it could be because your table is just so darn cute!! Like those napkin rings!! We are still way to cold here to do any sort of gardening, but your darling garden theme has me wishing it was nice enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I just adore the pansies in the miniature galvanized buckets and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to cut the bottoms out of some small clay pots??? I think I'll have to give it a try because they are so darn cute! We get our grandchildren involved in gardening whenever they visit. Luckily, they LOVE fresh vegetables so they are willing to help (for a little while, at least!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia