Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Cobb Salad




We had a fantastic weekend and worked outside all Saturday. One of my best tips is to prepare dinner before I step outdoors. When you come indoors all dirty, worn out or just plain old tired because you are just plain and old… dinner is already done. During the colder months, I always have a crock pot full of something for dinner. But during the warmer months, a salad is a wonderful dinner.

A Cobb Salad is so filling and delicious. I love arranging the platter. 





I don't follow any Cobb Salad hard and fast rules... but this salad has bacon, roasted turkey, ham, avocados, pecan, cucumbers, celery, red onions, scallions, tomatoes and hard boiled eggs.  You can make it as big or little as you need.


 Mixed with my homemade ranch dressing…

A complete hit with hubby and any child that may be driving by and hungry. 

Homemade Ranch Dressing

1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. sour cream 
3 T. fresh dill chopped
3 T. Flat Leaf Parley
2 cloves of garlic, minced 
1/2 to 3/4 c. buttermilk

Mix the first five ingredients, add the buttermilk and shake until thoroughly mixed. Refrigerate for 1 hour before you serve. 

1 comment:

  1. I love a Cobb Salad - it is probably my very favorite. You would be surprised at how many restaurants do no know how to make a Cobb Salad. They always end up like a Chef's salad and I really hate it when they don't chop every thing up finely. I worked at a Hilton Hotel where the chef had worked at the Brown Derby. That is where the salad originated at and Eddie knew first hand how to make it. From the first time I had it until now - I LOVE IT.
    Yours look like a real Cobb Salad. Now I would like to have one.
    Have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia