Friday, March 14, 2014

Pistachio Cake




For St. Patty’s Day in my youth, I would eat green food and drink green beer. As I have gotten older, I have turned to a little more traditional food.



 This pistachio cake is a delicious addition to the “green food” category. 


Give it a try and maybe you won’t get pinched it you can give some to your little leprechauns.


Pistachio Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 package instant pistachio pudding mix
4 eggs
1 ½ c. water
¼ c. vegetable oil
½ t. almond extract
7 drops of green food coloring
½ c. pistachios, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix all the ingredients with a mixer, minus the pistachios. Beat for two minutes. Fold in pistachios.

In a greased bundt pan, pour the mixture in the pan.

Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes and turn out on a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia