Thursday, April 03, 2014

A Peter Rabbit Themed Baby Baptism



 The wonderful part of being a grandparent is watching your children become parents. My little grandson was baptized on Sunday and to see my daughter and my son-in-law up in the front of the church holding the baby brought a sense of nostalgia. It doesn't seem that long ago, my husband and I were up in front of the church holding her. To know a sense of belonging to the church is important to them made her father and I proud.

As you know, I love to celebrate everything... so it was time for a party. Or specifically, a Peter Rabbit party.


A pretty garden themed centerpiece, of course with Peter attending.

 



Next we brought out all the garden tools!!



And the brunch food. 


Glazed Ham, biscuits, coffee cake and fruit. 





The Cake Plate, even had a bunny that visited. 

 
 
 Eggs in a Basket


I made a garden cake for the celebration with Marzipan veggies.

 

They were a big hit with an 8 year old who couldn't stop eating his veggies.

 

And lastly, I made Pansy Sugar Cookies for favors. I had a few extras for the buffet 


but wrapped them into glass bags and sent each guest home with one.


The young family was beautiful, as was the baby. 


My son and his son!!


 Momma and the Godmother



I hope everyone had a wonderful time and I so appreciate them participating in the baby's big moment. 


I am joining these ladies and looking at all their tables. Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, Cuisine Kathleen and the Style Sisters.
 

5 comments:

  1. We think alike! I just had a Peter Rabbit birthday for my son. I love how you used fresh pansies for your centerpiece and adorned a few cookies with them too! I would love to know what you think of my Peter Rabbit tablescape (a birthday party post will come later).

    http://castlesandcarriages.blogspot.com/2014/04/peter-rabbit-tablescape.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special! Your table looks beautiful, and I'm especially interested in your pansy cookies. They look so yummy! Your garden cake is so special, too. Love those marzipan additions! :-) Thanks for sharing your table and your beautiful family.
    Blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an amazing party to celebrate the baptism of your grandbaby! My daughter has a Beatrix Potter nursery and her first birthday party is going to be all Beatrix Potter as well. I love seeing what others come up with for Peter Rabbit ideas. Visiting from the Centerpiece Wednesday link party. Have a lovely day! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and such a wonderful table for this wonderful occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a beautiful celebration you had, and every detail is pure perfection. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia