Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Goals and Menu Week Ending April 6th



Spring Cleaning has hit our home…. And no one has been spared from the cleaning fever. This week, I clean out the craft room. Sewing grocery bags and finishing the grandsons’ Easter Outfits along with a couple of spring craft projects have left it disorganized. I have five weeks left of this semester before my summer break and the list of projects gets longer but this house is going to be organized before I get back to school. The goal is to purge the house of all the “extra” stuff that we don’t need; sell it, donate it or throw it away. 


Two major projects coming up this summer are remodeling the master bedroom and the living room. I have had the same drapes, lamps, paint color, etc for 16 years and I think it is time for a refresher… Especially since Eulalie has come to stay in the living room. Our master bedroom has become a dumping ground for all the unwanted pieces of “stuff” around the house. This week, I am going to lay out the batten board diagram for the bedroom and the molding I want to add to the living room. Sadly, this photo is from 2004 and the living room looks almost exactly the same. But change is coming.




Lastly, we built two raised garden beds to test this summer. I will highlight them in a couple of weeks, when I finally get the garden mulched. This weekend, I am planting the rest of the garden beds… weather holding. Last weekend, we had plenty of rain. 

Here is a preview of the beds.


 
I decided to spend this week making some really flavorful meals… no freezer food. Cooking is my therapy and I need some cooking therapy this week… Last month was a tough month around here and with the daughter leaving for the Middle East Friday, I will have little G much more during the next month.

Monday





Greek Grilled Chicken Pita
Cucumber Salad
Homemade Curly Fries

Tuesday



Beef Stir Fry
Fried Rice

Wednesday



Pecan Cranberry Gorgonzola Turkey Burgers
Homemade Potato Chips


Thursday

Out with family


Friday

 


Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Sauce
Roasted Potatoes
Garden Salad


Saturday

 


Seared Scallop Salad


Sunday Brunch



Blackberry French Toast
Scrambled Eggs
Hash Browns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia