Friday, April 04, 2014

Pansy Sugar Cookies



I made these sweet cookies for the Peter Rabbit themed baptism party for my grandson. 



They are so pretty and really very easy.

Start with sugar cookies that I cut with a round fluted cutter.

Bake and let cool.

Very carefully snip the flowers from the stem, making sure to take enough of the stem to hold the flower together. I used pesticide free flowers at the garden store. Nothing makes you feel like a terrible person as looking through the pansies for the perfect specimen to cut of their heads.

Next I mixed two teaspoons of meringue powder with 2 teaspoons of water and brushed it on the cookie.

Place the flower onto the cookie, trying to get it as flat as possible. Apply more of the meringue to the cookie with a small brush. This step will help you flatten the flower.

Sprinkle with sugar.

Bake in a 300 degree oven for 3 to 4 minutes to help the cookies set. I sprinkled the cookies again with sugar to get it fully covered. 


Let dry and voila!!! Beautiful Pansy Sugar Cookies.

1 comment:

  1. How does this post have no comments?! These cookies are the epitome of lovely. Just beautiful, Cynthia. A gluten-free version is in the future for my mom, I just know it. :) These are darling.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia