Thursday, May 22, 2014

Peonies and Cabbage Roses Table




I love peonies. They are my favorite flower. Beautiful and ruffly, they arrive in East Tennessee in the middle of May. I invited several of my neighbors for  a planning lunch for the Fourth of July. A big block party with games for the children, plenty of food, and fireworks.




My peonies this year are spectacular!!! Full of flowers and I had to buy supports for them this year. In addition, the roses are so pretty as well. I have the prettiest soft peach cabbage rose bush that was right next to the


So start with a pretty April Cornell tablecloth.



Pier one chargers and pink plates

Little flower accent plates with peonies on them. Actually, I think the flower is so nondescript that it could also be a zinnia.


 


These pretty flower napkin ring.


 Cream flatware. 




A vase filled with flowers from the flower garden. The table smells wonderful.




 These really cute place card holders from the wedding section of AC Moore. They were very inexpensive and so cute.





Menu

Grilled Salmon with Dill Sauce
Roasted Potato Salad
Garden Salad

Individual Strawberry Shortcake

Ice Tea



I am joining these ladies for a table party. 
I  am joining these ladies and looking at all their tables. Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, Cuisine Kathleen and the Style Sisters.
 

4 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Peonies are new to me, I only discovered their names a few years ago though I have loved them for ages. This year I am planting them at The Tacky Brown House and loving the process of knowing they will be in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful setting and I love your menu.

    Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, springlike table. Your flowers are gorgeous, and I love your linens and plates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your peonies are stunning. They remind me of a beautiful couture gown I've seen on a famous person, just can't remember who it was. I like the shapely flatware handle and the accent plate is lovely.
    Wanda @ weekendwanderlust.co

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia