Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Spinach and Bacon Frittata



 During the summer, dinners are lighter and sometimes I am just too plain tired to whip up a gourmet meal. But a frittata is a perfect dinner in the summer. Light and easy, it looks like I spent all day in the kitchen and you can use anything in the garden, the fridge for the frittata.




The latest one I made was bacon, spinach and cheddar cheese. Start cooking the bacon. I cut them in lardons or small pieces before I cook them.

Next remove the bacon, drain off all but two teaspoons of bacon grease and  saut√© ½ onion, diced, until it is slightly translucent.

Add ½ lb of spinach, freshly washed and carefully dryed from my garden and cook until wilted.

In a separate bowl, mix 8 eggs and ½ c. whole milk until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan with the onions and spinach. Sprinkle the bacon pieces in a well. Stir to combine but don’t stir again.

Cook for about 5 minutes on medium and the eggs start to set on the edges. Add the cheddar cheese on top and place the frying pan in a 450 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure the eggs are fully cooked, a knife comes out clean. 



Pair with a salad and it is a perfect dinner for summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cynthia, I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia