Friday, June 06, 2014

Homemade Pop-tarts



Once I had homemade strawberry jam made, you always have a little extra that would not fill a jar. So I decided to try my hand at homemade pop-tarts for my little grandson. 

Start with store – bought pie crust and cut into rectangles. 



With the dull end of a wooden skewer, I poked holes into the “top” rectangle. 




Place jam in the center of the pie crust, brush the edges with an egg wash and cover with the top. 



Edge the pop tart with a fork. 

 

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until they are lightly browned. 


So cute…. I would have brushed the entire pop tart with an egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Or you could spread some icing on top. But my grandson loved them and they are so dang cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia