Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Lavender Honey Chicken




We are giving a bridal shower this month and the lovely bride’s colors are purple and orange. I saw this recipe and wanted to give it a test run for the party. 



First, you have to order culinary lavender, unless you have some on hand, which I did not. The lavender has to be crushed with mortar and pestle or a bag with a rolling pin. 


 Make a marinade of 4 T. of honey, 4 T. of olive oil, a heaping T of lavender, 2 cloves of garlic, the zest and juice of one lemon, 1 t. fresh thyme and black pepper. 

Marinate the chicken, I used boneless chicken thighs, for 2 to 3 hours, in the refrigerator. Remove from fridge about 20 minutes in advance.
Roast in a baking dish at 375 for 30 to 35 minutes. 



It is absolutely delicious and perfect at room temperature. An unusual French dish that can be served summer, winter, hot or cold. I hope the ladies will love it as much as we did. 


P.S. I also used lavender honey but I think it would be perfect with regular honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia