Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Living Room Progress Report




My living room has not been updated in fifteen years. I loved it but it was time for a change. One of the major problems in this room is there was never enough seating for everyone. So after months of thinking about how to change the seating and what I wanted the room to look like, I started this summer and thought I would share where we are in this room. 





With the help of my son, I started installing picture frame molding. I wanted to add some architectural details to the room. 



 


The most important element was what color to paint the room. Using this painting for inspiration, my wonderful Christmas present from my lovely children.

 


I chose to paint the ceiling the softest grayish blue, Behr’s Salt Glaze. The ceiling looks like a touch of the sky. My daughter is working hard to help her momma.




The walls are painted with Sherwin Williams Aria Ivory. The first coat... who would have thought it was so hard to cover yellow.




I love how the molding looks like when it is painted. To finish the room, I am painting the trim and the fireplace the whitest white paint. I searched for weeks to find the whitest white. The painting is stretched on the canvas but I wanted to see how big the frame needs to be. She will get framed next week. 




Curtains, new rug, new to me sofa, chairs upholstered, tables all need to be found, painted, and sewn before we are finished. So I have a ton of things to do yet to this room. 

6 comments:

  1. Lookin' good! I love the centerpiece of the room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making great progress! The new molding adds great architectural details! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I can't believe how much interest it added for about $130. Thanks for your kind words.
      Cynthia

      Delete
  3. Looks fantastic! Love it.
    Blessings to you,
    d

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia