Friday, June 27, 2014

Mini Cherry Pies



Pie and the Fourth of July go together like milk and cookies, like peanut butter and chocolate but pies outside are hard to cut and serve and keep looking pretty. Pies in a jar are all over the internet. I made 200 for my daughter’s wedding three years ago. But this year, for the Fourth of July, I am making a bevy of pies for the party we are having. 



These Cherry Pies are the easiest. Line the jar with pie crust.




Fill with cherry pie filling and cover with crust. 




Make sure there are vents for the steam. I cut cherries so everyone would know what type of pie these jars are. 




Brush with egg whites and sprinkle with sugar. 




Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. 




So easy to transport and absolutely delicious. One can of cherry pie filling makes 8 to 9 pies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia