Friday, July 04, 2014

Happy Fourth of July



The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Food, family, neighbors and the heat of the summer. Kids running around with sparklers, the boys get to blow things up!! What can be better than that? 

Growing up, we went to parades, decorated our bikes with streamers, sucked on popsicles, homemade ice cream and grilled hot dogs. 



1994
My daughter at the Liberty Bell

 As I stood in Independence Hall with my children, you cannot imagine the somberness of the room where the Declaration was signed. Those men put their families, the fortunes and their lives on the line for this country. We will read the Declaration today to remember the real reason for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia