Today, I want to share how I grocery shop. No one really talks about their grocery escapades but sometimes we need to discuss how we shop.
I grocery shop every week. One week at the grocery store and one week at Costco. My budget is $150 dollars. I don’t spend that every week but generally that is the budget. For $600 a month, I feed between 3 to 7 people for every meal.
I use to shop every week at the grocery store and then once a month at Costco but I spent way more than $600 a month on groceries. And I never knew what was in the pantry.
We shop the Costco sales and I always buy only what I use. Occasionally, I buy things to try but only if they are on sale.
This system has done several things:
1. My freezer and pantry are full
2. Much less waste, I use everything I purchase. During the Costco week, I shop for only the produce required for that week at the farmer’s market or grocery store.
3. Grocery bill is much less.
4. With a better inventory, I am able to whip a meal up out of the pantry and freezer much easier.
5. We have given up eating out except two times a month.
On another note, school starts this week. I still have projects around here but the big projects are finished. School starting means fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving will be coming at a rapid pace. So my next goal is to plan all these holidays and what items I need.
Chips and Queso
Fried Green Tomatoes
Tacos with Corn Shells
Broccoli Crunch Salad with Teriyaki Pork
Sunday Brunch –
Scrambled Eggs with Ham and Chives