Friday, September 12, 2014

Gingersnaps





One of my greatest joys is sharing my baked goods with friends and family, but most especially with my grandsons.





Gingersnaps are one of those cookies that reminds you of fall.

They are big soft cookies that need a big glass of milk.



 
Make a batch and share, you will love them. 
 



Gingersnap Cookies

¾ c butter
1 c sugar
1 egg
¼ c. molasses
2 c flour
1 T. ginger
1 t. cinnamon
2 t. baking soda
½ t. salt
½ c sugar to roll the cookies in. 


Cream together butter and sugar until pale. Add the egg and molasses and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add slowly to the butter mixture. 

Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls in the ½ c. sugar. Set the cookies 2 inches apart and bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven. Allow to cool on baking sheet and then transfer to cooling rack.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for another delicious recipe. Everytime I open your page I see those banner photos and whatever that yummy looking item is in the 2nd picture. I've looked through your recipes but couldn't find a matching picture, will you please point me in the right direction?
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia