Monday, October 06, 2014

The New Greenhouse and Menu: Week Ending October 12th



This week, the new greenhouse is arriving. My old greenhouse has been out of order since the hail storm two years ago. We debated for a long time whether to replace the glass or buy a new house. It ended up being cheaper to purchase a new house but I didn’t want to get rid of the old house. So we are moving the old house to a safe place and putting a roof on it. I will use it to store equipment. 

 

This week, the old glass will carefully be removed. I will clean the area with Clorox to make sure there is no bacteria in the house and next weekend, my son and son-in-law will be putting the new greenhouse together.
My garden is still producing arugula, lettuce and herbs. Occasionally, I will get another tomato but I am pulling the garden and covering it with pine straw for the winter. 
 
Lastly, this week is my daughter’s 30th birthday. She is leaving for the middle east for a month next week, so we are having a big celebration this week. She is always entertaining, funny, happy, motivated and a good person and mother. I am lucky to be her mother. How am I old enough to have a 30 year old? That can’t be true. 



We will also take the little ones for a fall festival this weekend. I am packing a big lunch. We will also have a tailgate at the house for all the big football games this weekend... Mississippi State vs. Auburn and Ole Miss vs. Texas A and M. Very Exciting.

 
This week’s menu is all about fall and her birthday. She loves lasagna, always has and we will honor that tradition.

Monday






White Truffle Pasta
Tomato Caprese Salad


Tuesday



Orange Chicken
Lo Mein
Potstickers


Wednesday



Corn Chowder
Garden Salad
Beer Bread

Thursday


 
Apple Stuffed Pork Roast
Mashed Potatoes
English Peas


Friday



Layered Lasagna
Cesar Salad
Garlic Knots

Birthday Cake

Saturday Tailgate Party



Hamburgers and Hot Dogs
Corn Dog Muffins
Mini Seven Layered Dip
Potato Skins

Brownie Sundaes in a Skillet


Sunday Brunch –



Glazed Ham
Biscuits
Boursin Scrambled Eggs
Texas Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia