Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Bedroom Remodel ( Part 1)



 One of my projects last summer was to update the master bedroom. I love this room but the color was all wrong. The bedding didn’t work and I wanted to totally change the feeling of the room.

Blue and white is such a fresh classic look.

Start with this Ikea duvet cover.



Coupled with the buffalo check dust ruffle and Euro shams I made earlier this fall. 


My $20 yard sale chandelier. It was such a gem and sitting in the corner of the garage, I spied it and the chandelier wasn’t missing a crystal. It is an antique brass one with beautiful markings. Notice the two colors of blue. I painted the ceiling darker than the walls. I was a little worried about the darker color but it turned out beautiful and doesn’t make the room any darker. 


I painted the cherry secretary, Annie Sloan Country Grey with both clear and dark wax. My goal was to make it look like the French hemp linen. I still need to paint the left side door. The glass has to come out and paint the backing. 



My little Marshall’s chair.

Drapes, inspired by Miss Mustard Seed’s drapes, out of Waverly’s Tucker Resist. A fabric copied from Williamsburg fabric. Which brings me to this chair…. Uggghhh. I purchased it from Craigslist for $25. It is horrible but I had travelled 30 minutes to look at it. It does have an ottoman so when I find a better chair, used or new. This chair is going to Goodwill. I may drag it down there sooner…



I still need plates for above the bed, a new chair and will show you the other side as I finish the bedroom. 


2 comments:

  1. The bedding is absolutely beautiful! Your paint choices are perfect too.

    That chair made me laugh, Cynthia. :) Why don't you recover it? No doubt you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hideous and big.... too big. I love the paint too but the chair has got to go!! Thank you for all your kind words. Now I am off to see what you are up to!!

      Delete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia