Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Chili Bar


One of the best dishes in the fall and winter is chili. So for a fun treat, I thought why not set up a chili bar and take our traditional pre-Thanksgiving dinner to the next level. 


Chili freeze beautifully so you can make it in advance and heat it up for dinner. I am making white chili, mild and hot chili for a variety. 




The table is set for Thanksgiving, so everyone gets a bowl and finds a place to sit and chat. We also light a fire outside and use patio heaters.

 


Set up a burlap runner and some mums.




 Pull together all the gourds and pumpkins around the house. 





Arrange all the toppings for the chili on pretty plates. 



I have two dishwashers and use bowls but you could use disposable bowls, why not, your chili bar is so pretty, no one will care. 

I am using these cute wooden spoons. 



You may be inspired to invite neighbors and friends. 






1 comment:

  1. My husband makes the best chili! A cold front came through last night and we finally have chili weather. Yahoo!

    I love the way you dolled up your chili bar. You make everything pretty and special.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia