Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thanksgiving Table - Blue and Brown Together



Next year, we are adding built-ins to our dining room. The china cabinet and table are going. My goal was to find a table that sits 10 in this smallish room. We found a table but I will tell you more about that later.




This Thanksgiving, I wanted to incorporate blues and yellows in the traditional brown color theme. 



Start with this old tool box filled with hydrangeas, grasses, fiddlehead ferns and dried pods. It is long but the new table can handle it. 




My favorite addition of this beautiful crewel table runner and matching napkins both from Pottery Barn. The rich colors gives you a wide variety of color choices. 





Pewter chargers and place cards are such a traditional Thanksgiving look, especially with my Turkey place card holders.




My Spode Woodland china combined with blue Portmierion plates 




or these blue berry plates. If you don't have enough of one plate you can add others if they are in the same color. 





Wood candles in these pretty lanterns.




Twisty flatware to add more texture.




A rustic but elegant table for the family. My Thanksgiving Menu is done and here. I am also joining Susan and I am sure she has some of the greatest Thanksgiving tables on her linky party.

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table! The color combination is unique and lovely. The plates are perfect for Thanksgiving, and I am crazy about your flatware! (Found you at Between Naps on the Porch)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, Thank you so much!! I found the flatware at Home Goods.. but It is called Silver Tear. And found another set on eBay.

      Cynthia

      Delete
  2. Your table for Tksgiving 2014 is gorgeous, exquisite! Great combination of everything and attention to detail. Your dishes are lovely as are those cute turkey name holders!
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a color combo that I've wanted to use for a long time. Your table is beautiful. Have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra,

      Thanks for your kind comments. The runner and napkins helped let me bring in the blues to Thanksgiving. They are so versatile.

      Thank you again
      Cynhia

      Delete
  4. Beautiful table with lovely colors. I have the crewel napkins from PB. They are some of my favorites. Your runner is gorgeous, and so is your stack of plates. I know your family and guests will enjoy Thanksgiving at this pretty table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,

      Thank you so much. I didn't get those napkins and hope I don't regret it later. Have a happy Thanksgiving with your family.

      Cynthia

      Delete
  5. Absolutely lovely with an unexpected but very successful color combination. Love your runner and centerpiece!! Well done. Thank you for sharing and giving another option for colors in the fall!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie,

      Thank you so much. I think it is time we bring in new colors for every holiday. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Cynthia

      Delete
  6. The Spode Woodland is so perfect on this table. Love those turkey placecard holders. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev,

      Thank you! Your tables are always beautiful, so that means a great deal. Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful.

      Cynthia

      Delete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia