Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Organized Pantry



Lately, I have been on a mission to get my home organized. But last week I totally focused on the pantry. Everyone says the key to good cooking is a fully stocked pantry and I have tried to stock the pantry in the past but ended up with tons of things we didn’t use. In order to really stock my pantry, I looked at the last year of menu to find out what I really used and what I didn’t. 

 
I made an excel pantry list and set about to put items on the list that I needed. 

In addition, I reorganized the pantry. 


Bought vacuum sealed canisters for snacks and dry foods. Originally I bought this set from Bed, Bath and Beyond. But several days ago, found these at Walmart. One third the price and still vacuumed sealed. So I finished the pantry with those canisters.


Looks so much better and fully stocked. I have ordered a rotating can shelf to make sure the oldest cans are used first



Something about an organized pantry sets my heart a flutter. 

Here is my excel sheet that you can adapt 


2 comments:

  1. No blog posts for over 2 months?? Hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A spreadsheet for the pantry? Now you're talking. Good to know I'm not the only one.
    Missing your updates, hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia