It has been a longtime friend and I have missed blogging. While I have missed blogging, it has been important to take a break. While the internet is amazing and wonderful, it can also make you feel hugely inadequate. So after much reflection, I have decided that while I may not be the most fabulous blogger, I am good enough. That realization is a tremendous comfort because we all feel inadequate but that should never stop us from the joy of sharing our gifts, talents and heart. With that being said, I am happy to be back.
So, what am I up to this month?
- Spring clean-up finished. The house and patio needs pressure washing, flower beds and garden planted and mulched. The driveway needs a good washing as does the pergola.
- Conquer grilling with our new ceramic grill, like the Big Green Egg.
- Build new flower bed between guest room and office.
- Sew a carry-on bag and a handbag.
- Strawberry jam and dry some strawberries for scones this winter.
Goals for each month are important to make a house a home. The continual process of maintaining and loving a home requires chores each season. I also need to paint my “paint” area in the garage. It is a beautiful space to store all my paint but needs to be painted and I hate having to take it apart.